How the date mechanism on my watch work?
Is it normal for the date on my watch to make a slow transition to the following day, rather than a fast, immediate one?
- It's standard, for all watches, that a date change may appear slower than you expect. Each watch needs a certain amount of minutes to make the complete change to the following day, as it's not an electronic, immediate change.
- The date change will start before 12 o'clock so that by the time 12 o'clock hits, it will be the correct date.
- Imagine this: if the date change started at 12 o'clock, then 5-10 minutes into the next day it would be showing the wrong date. We wouldn't want that, would we?
When does the date change?
- Regardless of when you change the date on your watch, the date will change when the watch passes the 12 hour mark for the second time.
- The date does not alter 24 hours after setting the date.