What does the LIV watch warranty cover?
Learn more about our international five-year warranty.
Our watches are covered by a five-year warranty from the date of original purchase.
Our five-year warranty covers:
- Flaws in workmanship and materials.
- Free battery changes for life.
The present LIV - Swiss Watches International Warranty does not cover:
- The consequences of natural disasters, loss or acts of God, theft, or accidents (including shocks, blows, and crushing).
- Damage resulting from improper use or mistreatment.
- Damage resulting from any tampering with the watch by any party whatsoever other than LIV – Swiss Watches or a center duly authorized by LIV – Swiss Watches. Wear and tear from aging and normal use.
- Applications for repair or servicing work that do not include the Warranty Card, a registered watch (if purchased from an authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer) and a valid serial number on the watch,
- Bracelets or crystals.
- Any damage to the movement or case caused by moisture that may have entered the watch due to improper handling, including, but not limited to, failure to fully screw down the crown after adjusting for time, day or date.
- Problems with water resistance and associated consequences if periodic water-resistance tests have not been conducted every two years following the date of purchase.
Do I need to activate my warranty and if so, how?
- Watches purchased at LIVwatches.com or through any of our Kickstarter, Indiegogo or Born campaigns do not need to be registered.
- Watches purchased on Amazon, eBay, Touch of Modern or any other third party service, do require registration.
For the International Five Year Warranty warranty on your watch to remain valid, you are required to:
- Retain, and be ready to present, the Warranty Card you received with your watch.
- Have previously registered your watch online through www.LIVwatches.com/register within thirty (30) days of purchase. (This condition is only applicable to you if you purchased your watch from an authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer. You do not need to register your watch if you purchased it from LIVwatches.com or on Kickstarter.)
- Ensure that the serial number engraved on the case is completely legible and that no part of the lower side of the original number or original case is missing or has been altered, modified, replaced, falsified, defaced, made illegible or erased.
Failure to respect these requirements renders all rights resulting from the LIV – Swiss Watches Internal Warranty null and void. Only LIV – Swiss Watches will decide, at its sole discretion, to repair or take any other appropriate measure regarding the LIV – Swiss Watches timepiece under this International Warranty.